Sunday, December 28, 2014 @ 4:07 AM  0 stares
I can't type in English well so, I am really sorry if this post makes you laugh really hard or smirk.

FIRST SUMMARY
                                                                                                  Daniel Bryan Napier

     Assalamualaikum and hello. I was searching for the best articles during this holidays and I had found two articles which attracted my attention.
             The first article talk about a man who known as Daniel Bryan Napier. Maybe some of you know him because he did the most unexplained crime by killing a a 15-years-old girl in Shreveport. He was the last person legally executed in LA. He was also involved in the similar killing of a girl named Mary Phagan. He also known as Fred Lockhart in papers back then. The state of Louisiana has death certificates with both names. He was one of the scariest and the wanted murder back in 1953.

The vocabs that I've learned are;

  • lynched ; a group of people killing someone without a legal trial
  • executed; put a plan, order or course of action into effect
  • speculated; Invest in stocks, property, or other ventures in the hope of gain but with the risk of loss

SECOND SUMMARY




The second article I've read is about Sweden Appoints First Muslim Minister. In Stockholm, there is a 27-years old Bosnian Muslim who has been named the new Swedish minister of education, setting a role model for young and active muslim. Named as Aida Hadzialic was set as the new new cabinet as the new Upper Secondary School and Adult Education Initiative in Sweden. Born in 1987 in Foca, Bosnia, she is now the youngest person ever to serve as a minister in Sweden. She has been knowing the difficult at the age of 5 years old. Starting from that she really working hard for her future and know she proving it. 

The vocabs are ;
  •  cabinet ;the committee of senior ministers responsible for controlling government policy
  • residency; The fact of living in a place
  • ethnic ; Relating to national and cultural origins
  • refugees ; A person who has been forced to leave their country in order to escape war, persecution, or natural disaster


FIRST NOVEL

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Book Cover.jpg

This Harry Potter novel is a series of seven fantasy novels written by J.K Rowling. The series chronicles The series chronicles the adventures of a young wizard, Harry Potter the titular character, and his friends. They are the student of Hogwart School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The main story arc concerns Harry's quest to overcome the Dark wizard Lord Voldemort, who aims to become immortal, conquer the wizarding world, subjugate non-magical people, and destroy all those who stand in his way, especially Harry Potter.

The vocabs are;

  • subjugate ; Bring under domination or control, especially by conquest
  • chronicles ; (what I'd found I don't know if this is true) The name of two books of the Bible, 
  • quest ; A long search for something
  • titular ; Holding a purely formal position or title of any real authority
  • arc ; the development or resolution of the narrative or principal theme:
  • immortal ; living forever, never dying or decaying
 SECOND NOVEL

CharlotteWeb.png

The second novel is about  a pig named Wilbur and his friendship with a barn spider named Charlotte. When Wilbur is in danger of being slaughtered by the farmer, Charlotte writes messages praising Wilbur in her web in order to persuade the farmer to let him live. Wilbur wants to save its friendship with Charlotte.

The vocabs I found are ;

  • slaughtered ; The killing of animals for food.
  • persuade ; Cause someone to do something through reasoning or argument 
  
YASSSS, THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO HAD FINISHED THIS WORKS BECAUSE ALL OF YOU MADE ME FELT INSECURE AND I FINISHED THIS, YES. HAPPY FIVE-DAYS-MORE HOLIDAYS!!!
cc-wan masturina